Importance of Customer ‘reviews’ In Online shopping


Importance of Customer ‘reviews’ In Online shopping

If you’ve ever bought online, you’ve encountered a typical online review. You might have aggregated “star” rating for a product you wanted to buy or a  poorly-spelled review about one user’s traumatic experience with it. Though customer reviews range in thoroughness and comprehensibility, they do hold a powerful effect on the behaviour of your audience and therefore, the performance of your brand.

It’s no secret that online reviews can be significant, but how important are they to marketing campaign? Can they really make or break the sale? Can the quantity or quality of the reviews you receive have that big impact on the company’s bottom line?

Buying Decisions

According to surveys, there are 88% of consumers that believe on reviews and make their decisions according to that while the other 12% don’t care about the reviews to trust the local market. More and more consumers are shopping online, so the power of persuasion that comes from online reviews is increasing as well. Shop well using Flipkart Coupons and jabong Coupons.


The SEO benefits that come from enabling product reviews and comments on your site should also be considered. It shows that every time a new comment or review is added, the site has been refreshed.

On-site ranking Benefits

Enabling customer reviews on your site can have a positive effect on your company’s organic search rankings in search engines. For starters, each new review written about a product on your site increases the amount of unique content your site offers on that product, meaning you’ll be seen as having higher authority, more relevance, and, as such, a higher chance of getting those pages ranked. If that weren’t enough, there’s actually a way to microformat the reviews on your site. Reviews actually let to decide or overlook the decision for that particular product and the brand it belongs to.

I will like to share my experience. I was interested in a product and about to buy but instantly I had look on the rating stars which shocked me and I was totally devoid of that product and even the brand.  This is how reviews play the role in one’s decisions. They totally effect the company’s reputation because this is how they are judged, if the consumers are not satisfied they there only lose their identity.

Regardless of whether consumers shop online or in physical stores, reviews are an important part of the purchase decision-making process. Although according to overwhelming majority of consumers surveyed rely on reviews, a smaller majority find reviews to be credible. The resulting credibility gap is an opportunity for brands to step in and address concerns that online reviews may not be truthful or credible.